Tis the holiday season, and holiday parties. Here are a few heating tips to help you and your guests stay comfortable and enjoy family, friends, and fun during your holiday party.
- Check and change your filter before guests arrive.
- Get your HVAC system a maintenance check
- Clear away any debris on and around your heat pump.
- Use the reverse setting on your ceiling fan so that it can push the warm air down. It is also a great way to circulate the air.
- If you have a programmable thermostat, lower the temperature during when you will be cooking and when guests will arrive. The more people in your home the warmer it will get.
- If you have a fireplace, light it up. Not only will it create a wonderful ambiance, and also save you on energy.
- If you haven’t had your ducts cleaned in a few years, now would be the perfect time to get it done. You will not have the dander, and dust particles flying thru the air, and you will notice a difference in the air you breathe.
Even just doing a couple of these things can make your party go smoother, instead of having to make that dreaded “no heat” call to your local HVAC company. Especially since chances are you will either have to pay for the overtime call, or wait a week or two for them to come out, as so many HVAC companies tend to fill appointments fast during the cold season.